“Porsche Passion” Featuring Patrick Long – Welcomes Porsche to the Project CARS Franchise
The second episode of the Project CARS 2: BUILT BY DRIVERS video series is available today, featuring Porsche, one of the most successful marques in motorsports history. “Porsche Passion”, stars three-time ALMS GT driver’s champion and class winner of both the 24 Hours of Le Mans and Rolex 24 at Daytona – Patrick Long.
The film documents how Long – the only North American employed as a factory racing driver by Porsche – tests and approves all the automaker’s in-game content in Project CARS 2 while explaining the unique cultural significance and rich racing heritage behind the elite German automaker.
Project CARS 2 is racing its way to a late 2017 launch in the Americas.
Porsche will come to the franchise for the first time in Project CARS 2 with 11 cars, ready to deliver the pedigree and performance of one of the world’s most coveted automotive brands along with the passion and intricate authenticity that is a hallmark of the Project CARS franchise.
Project CARS 2 Announced Features
- Over 170 licensed cars from the most iconic brands
- Largest track roster of any console racing game ever
- Full VR support
- Revamped pad handling
The heat of competition:
- All-new vehicle types & motorsport classes, plus old favorites (Rallycross, GT, and more)
- Robust e-Sports functionalities and all-new online championships
The power of conditions:
- Race on varying track surfaces including ice, tarmac or dirt tracks
- LiveTrack 3.0: Dynamic road surface transitions affect vehicle performance, grip, and handling in real-time with bleeding-edge tire physics and surface deformities
- Full 24-hour cycle faithfully recreates the atmospheric conditions and ambience of a specific time of year